I am not a baker. I am more of a cook than a baker. But I want to try baking again and see how it went. Voila! I had success with these beauties, Pumpkin and Choc Chip Muffins perfect for Halloween.
I recently have discovered The Girl Who Ate Everything and this is where I found this simple but amazing recipe! It’s so simple, super tasty and spookily quick, I love them so much I’ve already an extra batch to take into the office 🙂
Ingredients (makes 1 dozen)
3/4 cup of caster sugar*
1 can solid-pack pumpkin puree (pumpkin pie filling will do the trick)
2/3 cup vegetable or sunflower oil*
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
½ teaspoon of baking powder
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (or If you don’t have Pumpkin Pie Spice you can make your own: ¾ teaspoons cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, ¼ teaspoon ginger, ¼ teaspoon allspice)
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ bags chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°. Place cupcake cases in a cupcake tin.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil until smooth.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt
- Add flour mixture slowly to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill cups three-fourths to almost all the way full.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
*Note: this is referring to an English cup size measurement