Wow, it’s that time already! You know the one where your Christmas tree has nearly had it and gone wonky (or is that just ours?) or you’ve eaten too much food and suddenly got a renewed desire to get down the gym. But don’t have that thought just yet, I’ve got these gorgeous New Year’s Celebration Cupcakes for you to add to your food table at the party this New Year’s Eve.
Makes 12 cupcakes
150g butter, softened
150g caster sugar
160g self-raising flour
15g cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line your tin with 12 paper or foil cases
- Put all your ingredients into a bowl.
- Beat with a hand-held electric whisk for 1-2 minutes until light and creamy (you could do this by hand but it would take a lot longer)
- Divide the cake mixture between the cases
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C (350°F or Gas Mark 4) for 20 minutes
Whilst you are waiting for these to bake, you should make a start on your icing, you could do buttercream icing but I decide that I would indulge for this recipe with chocolate fudge frosting, yummy!
Makes enough to cover 12 cupcakes
100g plain or milk chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons of milk
50g butter, softened
75g icing sugar
- Put the chocolate, milk and butter in a small pan and heat gently. (If the heat is too high you could burn and ruin your chocolate, what a waste!)
- Stir until the chocolate and butter have melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the icing sugar until smooth.
- Spread the frosting over the tops of the cupcakes whilst they are still warm.
Ta-da, my New Year’s Celebration Cupcakes! Now excuse me while I pop open an early bottle of champagne (ahem it’s a small one so ssh)…
Wishing you all the best and see you in 2016!