I’m not the biggest chocolate eater. [insert shocked emoji face here] What a shocker to open with… sorry, but it’s true. Don’t get me wrong I do love a piece or two now and then but it’s not a necessity in my life. However, I do love to bake with chocolate and with Easter literally days away why not make these delicious Rocky Roads! Who says it is all about the eggs at Easter? These are perfect no-bake treats for all the family.
300g of chocolate (I used plain but you could use milk chocolate if you prefer)
125g of unsalted butter
30g golden syrup
150g Digestive biscuits
1 and half handfuls of mini marshmallows
1 handful of sultanas
1 handful of desiccated coconut
1. Melt the chocolate, butter and golden syrup in a heat-proof bowl over simmering water until smooth and glossy.
2. Place the digestive biscuits into a sandwich bag and bash with a rolling pin. Don’t do this too finely, you want some bigger chunks of biscuit.
3. Once the chocolate has melted, remove from the heat and allow to cool a little. (Tip; this will stop the marshmallows from melting)
4. Once cooled, add in the bashed biscuits, coconut, sultanas along with the all important mini marshmallows and mix all together.
5. Line a square or rectangular cake tin with clingfilm or baking paper and transfer the rocky road mix. For added extra pizazz – I like to add extra marshmallows on top because it looks pretty.
6. Place in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight.
7. Tip the rocky road out onto a board and chop into squares.
Recipe from Sortedfood.com but tried and tested with my own photos.