I love to experiment and try new things when it comes to food. Just aubergines are a definite no no, the texture is yuck. I’m shuddering just thinking about it…. My boyfriend loves food with a quite a lot of kick, whereas I only like a little bit so this bang bang sauce is a very good compromise. I’ve paired this with cauliflower but you could also do many other ideas – chicken, broccoli, prawns it goes with just about anything! If you were having a dinner party, these would make for a gorgeous dipper with a twist!
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, cut into bite sized florets
- 100g of breadcrumbs (I used Paxo Breadcrumbs but you could make your own!)
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan oven).
- Dip cauliflower pieces in egg and then roll in bread crumbs until fully coated and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Repeat until all cauliflower is coated.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until coating is a dark golden brown and crunchy.
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 2 tsp hot sauce (I used tabasco
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp honey
Add all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk no lumps remain. Either drizzle over finished cauliflower or just keep it for dipping.
And that’s it! Super easy, super quick and super delicious! What’s your favourite dipping sauce?