2017. It’s been an interesting year. I set no goals. I had no clear sense of direction. The only thing I did know is that I wanted to take the chance to reflect on what I was doing, how I was doing it and where I was going to go next. So not a goal but definitely a plan.
Firstly, the last few months the blog has been a bit neglected by all of us here at Petite Tea Lover & Co. Life just seemed to have got busy for all of us; Leigh’s got a new job and working on her nail business, Charlotte’s been manic at work and recovering from an operation, Will has just got engaged and I’ve changed jobs twice and decided to move in with my boyfriend over the Christmas break (hindsight now tells me it wasn’t the finest of timings). But has things start to wind down for the Christmas break and I’ve finally had a chance to catch up with myself – and I’ve set myself some goals for the year to come.
But why now? Why fall under the cliche time of year to do this? Naturally it comes with the season. With that I’ve set myself 5 goals for my blog that I want to achieve in the next year and all are achievable! Woo, go me! I’ve been turning to fellow bloggers for inspiration from content ideas, to motivation and upping that instagram game – and I feel like I’m ready to face 2018 with gusto!
Here are my top 11 (because 10 wasn’t quite enough!) bloggers and social peeps to follow for 2018 who are on it right now.
11. Sunshine Sarah xo – From food to book reviews, this blog is full of goodness and sunshine and definitely worth a read.
9. Russ Teas – Being a tea lover it’s no surprise that this blog has made it to the list. From festive drink recipes to reviews this is a tea lovers guide to heaven.
8. Rihanna Olivia – I discovered this blog after meeting Rihanna at the Ice Lolly Blog at the Beach event in June, and I have been loving her blog ever since. I’m definitely a fan of her Instagram and congratulations on making it to 10K lovely!
7. Culture Bean – I discovered this girl earlier in the year and had the delight of meeting her in Leeds. Fun, loving and all her content is worth a watch/read!
6. Hannah’s Happy – This girl is one of my best friends and deserves a place here. Earlier in the Hannah choose to change her life and go freelance – a true girl boss.
5. John Sennett – This guy is definitely a friend. His story is true and I love how he gives back to the world. Watch this space 2018 as he embarks on a massive challenge; 11 challenges in 11 months in order to raise £100,000 for charity. Good luck John!
3. Hannah Gale – Hannah has had a cracking year, from winning the Blogosphere Blogger of the Year to letting us know she was expecting and rocking maternity fashion effortlessly!
1. Lexilife – Making it to the top spot this year is this girl for her determination and beautiful content (esp. on Instagram). From university to working full time the amount of content she produced decreased slightly but the quality didn’t and I love that.
All of these people are owning it in their own way on their channels and I am totally filled with awe and inspired to continue my journey on the blogging world. I have big plans for 2018 and I wouldn’t be anyway without my diary and notebook to make those things happen. In light of feeling inspired I have selected a bunch of items to giveaway (featuring gorgeous prints from Dorkface) so you can plan your blog content to be just as awesome as these guys!
Here’s what you can win – 3 prints and pack of stickers from Dorkface, Wilderness colouring book, Motivational notebook and diary, pack of InkJoy coloured pens.
- Retweet & follow me (@petitetealover) on Twitter, just find the pinned tweet.
- Find the competition image – follow, like and tag a friend on Instagram.
The winner will be selected at random. You must still be following the profiles when the winner is chosen. The giveaway is open from Sunday 24 December to Thursday 28 January 11.59pm UK time. Unfortunately, the competition is NOT open internationally just to the UK.